Sunday, September 13, 2009

Computer Drama

So it happened; my computer caught a virus a few weeks ago and I half-lost everything. I say "half" because a lot of my stuff was backed up on an external drive, but it hadn't been updated for a few months. I got those but most of my new stuff got messed up. Long story short, after a couple of file recovery programs and having to wipe my computer clean, I am starting over from scratch.

All fine and well, my files are a mess and they got unfortunately shuffled around. My pictures and music, specifically, were the most affected by the big virus and consequentially are randomly corrupted. This means that when I find a corrupt file, I have to go search for a clean copy in the recovered folders. This entire process is exhausting and emotionally frustrating. I mean, I know all my pictures are "there", I'm just having a hard time getting to them.

All this is a thinly veiled excuse as to why I have neglected this blog. That and the fact that summer was fabulous, I had a lot of friends visit, I started a full time job, and it seems that life got in the way of my documenting it. Now that the weather is turning to fall, I envision myself having some time to catch up on musing of what summer is like in NYC.

1 comments:

Kim September 21, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

Oh my. This scares me. I haven't backed up in months.

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP